Using Japan-grown toasted rice from Shizuoka Prefecture and May-harvested spring ichibancha, this organic genmaicha from the Kinezuka family is a bit of luxury for a reasonable price. As a plus, this genmaicha is also blended with organic matcha, adding to the genmaicha notes of matcha flavor. Please enjoy together the roastiness of the rice (don't forget to enjoy the toasty aroma!), the fresh and grassy flavor from the green tea, and the richness of the matcha. Because of the matcha addition, this tea also has a very beautiful dark green color.
If you are simply looking for a genmaicha without the matcha addition, the Kinezuka family also offers their simple but delicious genmaicha brown rice green tea.
- Ingredients: Organic green tea leaves, toasted organic brown rice, organic matcha
- Cultivation notes (tea leaves): Pesticide free. Fertilized with organic compost
- Region (tea leaves): Fujieda, Shizuoka
- Producer: NaturaliTea by the Kinezuka Family
- Type: Private cooperative operated by the Kinezuka family, whose own tea fields supply the majority of the tea leaves to the products.
- Established: 1976 as an organic farm
- Location: 1416-3 Takizawa Fujieda-shi, Shizuoka 426-0134 Japan
About the Vendor
NaturaliTea is a private cooperative of farmers managed by the Kinezuka family, whose own tea fields produce over 20% of the cooperative's teas. Based in the hills of Fujieda, Shizuoka, the cooperative was established nearly 40 years ago by Toshiaki Kinezuka. Farmers in the cooperative develop techniques together to grow tea, rice, and vegetables without the use of pesticides or synthetic fertilizers.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.