- Tea: 3 grams
- Time: 5 min
- Water: 95˚C/203˚F, 200 ml
- Ingredients: Black Tea
- Cultivar: Zairai
- Harvest: Summer
- Region: Yoshiwara, Shizuoka, Japan
- Terrain: Mountain-grown, single tea field
According to Hiroki Murakami, who will become the farm's 4th generation master, the family doesn't know exactly when they started farming tea, though his great-grandfather was the one who built their first processing factory in the late 19th century.
Based in the Yoshiwara district, a mountainous region famous for its sea of clouds within the municipality of Shizuoka City, the family produces about 2 tons of tea altogether per year (first and second flushes).
Murakami-san began producing black tea just a few years ago but has been winning awards in Japan for his production.
- Name: Murakami Tea Garden
- Type: Family-owned and operated farm
- Established: Late 19th century
- Production capacity: About 1300 kg per year. The family only harvests the spring first flush harvest.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.