Organically produced wakocha (Japanese black tea) from a small family-run farm, Koukien Tea Garden. This single cultivar tea was grown at the foot of the mountains in Kirishima, Kagoshima Prefecture. Sisters Yurie and Akane Kawaguchi are continuously working hard to make their wakochas more delicious and enjoyable.
About the cultivar: The benifuuki cultivar is well known in Japan for its high level of catechin which converts into the flavorful tannins that give black tea its characteristic flavor. This gives benifuuki cultivar black tea a stronger flavor closer to Assam tea than lighter oolong teas.
- Ingredients: Japanese Black Tea
- Cultivar(s): Benifuuki
- Harvest: Spring 2023
- Region: Makizono town, Kirishima, Kagoshima Prefecture
- Storage: Store sealed airtight in cool, dry area avoiding sunlight
- Tea: 3 grams
- Time: 3 minutes (please adjust to personal preference)
- Water temperature: 98C/208F degrees
- Water amount: 200 ml
About the Tea Farm
- Name: Koukien Tea Garden
- Vendor Type: Family farm (Koukien Tea Garden)
- Location: Makizonocho Santaido, Kirishima, Kagoshima, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.