A limited edition tea, the leaves were picked when still tender and fresh on May 2nd in celebration of risshun, the 88th day of spring in the old lunar calendar. An auspicious day, drinking this tea picked on this day is said to bring you long life.
After the shincha season, this product is called 鳳竜 Houryu, the Phoenix Dragon.
- For a strong bodied tea: Tea: 5g. Time: 30 sec. Water: 80C/175F, 200 ml.
- For a rich but lighter tea: Tea: 5g. Time: 60 sec. Water: 60C/140F, 200 ml.
- Resteep 3 times, use a quick in-out 2nd steep (which ends up being about 5-10 seconds), and 30-60 seconds for the 3rd steep. Depending on your preference, you may be able to get another cup or two from this leaf.
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Harvest: Early May
Region: Shizuoka Prefecture
- Steaming: Deep steamed (Fukamushi)
- Name: Kanes Tea Factory
- Location: Shimada, Shizuoka, Japan.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.