Silver Medal Winner of the 2014 International Tea Tasting Competition, Matsumoto-san smokes his black tea using the wood from Japanese whisky barrels. No flavorings or additives used.
The smokiness of the tea is light, not overwhelming like a lapsang, and has been described by reviewers with notes of "oak", "smoked salmon", "plum".
The wood comes from the award winning Ichiro Distillery in Chichibu, Tokyo, Japan.
- Name: Whiskey Barrel Wood Smoked Black Tea
- Japanese name: 燻製紅茶
- Ingredients: Black tea
- Region: Shimada, Shizuoka
- Name: Kaneroku Matsumoto Tea Garden
- Type: Family business, tea farm & factory
- Location: Kiriyama, Shimada City, Shizuoka Prefecture
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.