Such creamy and dreamy bliss! A thick decadent matcha ice cream has arrived, but it's also dairy-free , also egg-free!
It's very easy to make, and only simple ingredients and equipment.
You might have all the ingredients in your cupboard, already. You need a blender and a plastic bag to make it, but you don't even need a blender if you use your fingers.
Vegan Matcha Ice Cream RECIPE
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (smooth) *
- 2 tsp matcha
- 3 tbsp- syrup (agave syrup, maple syrup or some syrup), to taste
*no-added sugar/salt peanut butter is used for this recipe. Adjust the amount of syrup according to your taste.
- Combine all the ingredients with a blender*. You can add some syrup to your taste after tasting the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a plastic bag and put it into the freezer for 5 hours or more. If you rub 1-2 times before it completely freezes, the ice cream will be softer.
- After it is frozen, you can scoop it and serve.
* If you don't have a blender, put all the ingredients into the plastic bag directly and rub the bag to crush the bananas and mix the ingredients.
It's nice to have it with crushed nuts or fruits.
It could be stylish to serve ice creams with this mini matcha bowl.
Generally, Japanese black tea has less astringency and has a bit of sweetness. The flavor goes well with matcha ice cream. Serve the tea with matcha ice cream.
This certified organic black tea is grown and made in Yakushima, Kagoshima Prefecture.
Matcha Articles and Recipes