Harvested in spring in the cold mountain air of Yoshiwara, Shizuoka, this first flush single cultivar (benifuuki), single estate black tea or wakocha from tea farmer Haruki Murakami has been winning awards throughout Japan including a Gold Medal at the 2023 Nihoncha Awards.
- Tea: 3 grams
- Time: 5 min
- Water: 95˚C/203˚F, 200 ml
- Beautiful smooth, sweet flavor with hints of cherry.
- Ingredients: Black Tea
- Cultivar: Benifuuki
- Harvest: Spring
- Region: Yoshiwara, Shizuoka, Japan
- Terrain: Mountain-grown, single tea field
According to Hiroki Murakami, who will become the farm's 4th generation master, the family doesn't know exactly when they started farming tea, though his great-grandfather was the one who built their first processing factory in the late 19th century.
Based in the Yoshiwara district, a mountainous region famous for its sea of clouds within the municipality of Shizuoka City, the family produces about 2 tons of tea altogether per year (first and second flushes).
Murakami-san began producing black tea just a few years ago but has been winning awards in Japan for his production.
- Name: Murakami Tea Garden
- Type: Family-owned and operated farm
- Established: Late 19th century
- Production capacity: About 1300 kg per year. The family only harvests the spring first flush harvest.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.