Tea farmer Tomizawa-san uses an extra long roasting of his guricha green tea leaves to create this richly flavored deep-roasted hojicha.
- Tea: 3-5 grams
- Time: 1 minute
- Water temperature: 95C/203F degrees
- Water amount: 200 ml
- Resteep at hotter temperature up to 3 times
- Use hotter temperature & longer steeping time for a more astringent tea, use cold water or ice steeping for a very sweet tea.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Region: Mashiki, Kumamoto
The Tomizawa Tea Garden has over 85 years of tea farming history in Kumamoto Prefecture, and have received many famous tea awards in Japan. The family grows tea with a lot of sunlight and Kumamoto’s natural ground water famous for its clean and beautiful taste.
In April 2016, Mashiki, Kumamoto Prefecture affected by the Kumamoto Earthquakes with main shock at magnitude 7.0. The earthquakes have resulted in 48 deaths, 3000 injuries, and nearly 200,000 people evacuated to shelters in the aftermath. Tomizawa family also had been affected by this earthquake losing their tea shop, but this was the catalyst enabling us to become introduced.
- Name: Tomizawa Tea Garden
- Location: Mashiki Soryo 1435-8 Mifune-machi Kamimashiki-gun, Kumamoto
- Established: April 1928
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.