Organically produced wakocha (Japanese black tea) from a small family-run farm, Koukien Tea Garden. This single cultivar Yutaka Midori cultivar was grown at the foot of the mountains in Kirishima, Kagoshima Prefecture. Sisters Yurie and Akane Kawaguchi are continuously working hard to make their wakochas more delicious and enjoyable.
Roasting the black tea creates a softer flavor than normal black tea.
- Ingredients: Japanese Black Tea
- Harvest: Spring 2023
- Region: Makizono town, Kirishima, Kagoshima Prefecture
- Storage: Store sealed airtight in cool, dry area avoiding sunlight
- Tea: 4 grams
- Time: 3 minutes (please adjust to personal preference)
- Water temperature: 98C/208F degrees
- Water amount: 200 ml
About the Tea
- Name: Koukien Tea Garden
- Vendor Type: Family farm (Koukien Tea Garden)
- Location: Makizonocho Santaido, Kirishima, Kagoshima, Japan