This Aoi no Homare matcha is the highest grade usucha from AOI Seicha. It is very low in bitterness and has a balanced harmony that is rich with umami, sweetness, and pleasent aroma. Highly recommended for those who are looking for a higher quality matcha. Since this usucha matcha utilizes a very high ratio of varieties of tea leaves, it can also be used to make a koicha.
The matcha sommeliers at AOI rate this matcha 5/5 in terms of umami flavor, 5/5 for sweetness, and 1/5 for bitterness (See graph for a visual representation).
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Japanese name: 御薄茶、葵の誉
- Net Weight: 30 grams, can
- Cultivar: Blended
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Shaded for 4 weeks before harvest.
- Region: Nishio, Aichi Prefecture
- Tools: matcha, chashaku bamboo scoop, chasen bamboo whisk, matcha bowl, cooling bowl or tea pot
- Take 2 grams (about 1.5 chashaku bamboo scoops) of matcha, and place it into your bowl
- Using the tips of your chasen bamboo whisks break apart any clumps (using a sifter may also help).
- Take boiling water and place it into a teapot or other cooling bowl. Allow the water to cool to 70-80C/158-176F degrees.
- Pour the water into your bowl, and using the whisk, slowly make an "M" shape in your bowl.
- As you speed up the whisk, bubbles (froth) will form.
- For Koicha, use about 50-70 ml of water. For Usucha, use 150-200 ml of water.
- Name: Aoi Seicha
- Type: Factory
- Established: 1910, company incorporated as AOI Seicha in 1966.
- CEO: Ayano Honda
- Employees: 60
- Address: Kamiyashiki-7 Kamimachi, Nishio-shi, Aichi-ken 445-0894
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.