BUY Kitchen Grade
Matcha PowderRecipe by Reiko Taichi
- A) Bread flour 340g (11.99 oz)
- A) All purpose flour 60g (2.11 oz)
- A) Dry yeast 1 teaspoon
- A) Sugar 1 table spoon
- A) Matcha powder 10g (0.35 oz)
- B) Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- B) Butter 10g (0.35oz) (In room temperature)
- Pecan nuts 30g (1.05 oz)
- Water 120cc (4.08 fl oz) (In room temperature)
- Put all of (A) in a bowl. Then add 120 cc (4.08 fl oz) water and mix well until the yeast dissolves.
- When the dough becomes a bit crumbly, add (B) and mix well. When the dough has pulled together, place is on a board and knead for about 10 minutes. The dough is ready when it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth (to prevent from drying) and let rise about 30 minutes at 40 degrees C (104 degrees F). (Primary fermentation).
- When the dough has doubled in size, punch from above and remove gas.
- Let rise again for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough into two equal pieces. Roll out one portion to form a 10x30cm (3.93×11.81in) rectangle.
- Add pecan nuts or other dry fruits to taste, then roll. Place seam-side down, attach each ends to form a circle. Make sure to attach well to prevent from parting.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet, then cut slits using kitchen shears to make a wreath.
- Cover the wreath with a damp towel and let rise for 20 minutes at 40 degrees C (104 degrees F). (Secondary fermentation).
- Preheat an oven to 210 degrees C (410 degrees F). Remove the cover and bake for 12-15 minutes.