A ceremonial grade matcha coming from the lovely Obubu tea farms in Wazuka, Kyoto prefecture. The samidori cultivar is a rare variety which has its origin in Uji and is mainly grown in Uji and the surrounding areas (such as Wazuka). Although it has a low yield, Samidori makes an excellent matcha, tencha, and gyokuro. Indeed, it is silky and smooth with a subtle sweetness, rich in umami flavour. To produce this matcha, the Samidori tea leaves where shaded for three to four weeks before harvest and then processed to tencha, then grounded for hours in stone mills.
- Name: Samidori Matcha
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Net weight: 25 grams (0.88 oz)
- Cultivar: Samidori
- Harvest: Spring
- Cultivation & processing notes: Shaded for 3-4 weeks prior to harvest, steamed and dried without rolling to make tencha leaves. Refined tencha leaves are then ground by stone mill into matcha powder.
- Packaging: Yunomi packaging (resealable bag).
- Name: Kyoto Obubu Tea Farms
- President / farmer: Akihiro Kita
- Location: Wazuka, Kyoto
Kyoto Obubu Tea Plantations, is a Japanese tea brand owned and operated by tea farmers in the town of Wazuka, Kyoto. Started by Akihiro Kita and Yasuharu Matsumoto in 2004, the company began as an agricultural social venture. Akky and Matsu's aim was and still is, to teach tea lovers both in Japan and overseas about the value of tea farming, and to contribute to society through tea.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.