A set from Nankei Pottery which includes houhin (Japanese teapot without handle) and tea cups. The charm of this set is that the tea cups fit into the houhin (please see image), allowing you to take this set along with your favorite tea leaves and hot water (e.g., thermos style) to a park or simply to enjoy on your balcony. One could imagine a leisurely tea time such as this… This teapot is appropriate for Japanese teas such as gyokuro and sencha, teas which require lower temperature boiled water < 70 degrees Celsius.
- Tradition: Bankoyaki
- Houhin Teapot: 120 ml
- Large Teacup: 70 ml
- Small Teacup: 50 ml
- Dimensions: 115 x 90 x 60 mm (width x depth x height)
- Colour: Sand (also available in Black colour)
- Material: Ceramic (Clay which is high in iron content)
- Strainer: Ceramic Mesh
- Manual / Care:
- The ceramic mesh strainer has a very thin and delicate structure. It will be damaged if it hits other things or is pressed hard. Please note that there is a risk. Please do not put it in the dishwasher. Due to its delicate structure, it may be damaged.
- When gluing the tea strainer, there may be a slight gap between the ceramic strainer and the main body.
- Please use a neutral detergent for cleaning. Please refrain from using sponges with abrasives, metal scrubbing brushes, cleansers, etc.
- If you are concerned about dirt, soak it in diluted tableware oxygen bleach overnight to clean it.
- Ceramic clay containing iron powder which is used as the raw material therefore there are black spots on the surface.
- The "sand" color clay may be partially orange. It is the color of the natural minerals contained in the clay.
- Name: Nankei Pottery
- Kiln Established: 1913
- Location: Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.