Ohtaka Kazuhiko carries on the centuries old techniques of handrolling tea as an active member of the tea handrolling preservation society. Just a few hundred grams of tea is rolled carefully into the longest needles of Yabukita cultivar tea.
Hand rolled tea is most often made from spring tea leaves that have been frozen until autumn when farmers have more time to spend on the rolling activity. These leaves are the new leaf buds that come out and grow over the late summer/early autumn before being handpicked.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Harvest: Autumn
- Farmer & Producer: Ohtaka Kazuhiko, Ohtaka Tea Garden (Otakachaen or Ootakachaen)
- Location: Mariko Village, Shizuoka
- Tea: 2g. Time: 2 min. Water: 60C/140F, 50 ml.
- 2nd steeping: 10 sec. 70-80C / 158-176F degrees, 100 ml.
- 3rd-4th steepings: 60 sec. 70-80C / 158-176F degrees, 100 ml.
Expect a complex but bitter flavor.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.