The traditional Japanese flavor of sakura (most commonly known in the dessert sakura mochi) is a delicate reminder of the brief period at the beginning of spring when the beautiful blossoms explode throughout Japan before being blown away in the spring winds.
Danton Stephane at Ochakara Tea Shop is a sommelier who uses his skills in the world of Japanese tea. He creates innovative fusions that enhances the sensational experiences of one's “eyes, nose and mouth” to embody full enjoyment of deep and rich flavors while using a sommelier’s approach to wine to that of tea. Stephane wishes to expand the potential for Japanese tea through his innovative flavored Japanese teas!
- Ingredients: Green tea, sakura leaf, sakura petals
- Harvest (tea): Spring
- Region (tea): Makinohara, Shizuoka
- Hot: Tea: 5 grams. Time: 60 seconds. Water: 200ml, 80C / 176F.
- Cold: Tea: 10 grams. Time: 3-4 hours in refrigerator. Water: 1 liter, cold.
- Name: Ocharaka Inc. (Ocharaka Tea Shop)
- Location: 3-8-11 Honcho, Kichijoji, Musashino-shi, Tokyo 180-0004 JAPAN
- Store location: Coredo Muromachi B1 (Exit A6 from the Mitsukoshimae Station on the Ginza Line).
Ocharaka is a tea shop and brand operated by Stephane Danton. Stephane came to Japan in 1992 from Lyon, France, first working in the bridal industry as a consultant. He was inspired to create a refined non-alcoholic beverage that could be paired with gourmet cuisine, establishing Ocharaka in 2005. A representative at the Japan Pavilion at the 2008 World Expo held in Zaragoza, Spain, he has made a name for himself within the Japanese tea industry for his innovations in flavored teas, combining Western flavoring technique with uniquely Japanese flavors.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.