This elegant acorn-shaped tea pot from Nankei Pottery will bring a sense of dignity to your home space. Because it has a volume of 430ml, this teapot can serve up to 4 persons. As it is taller in comparison to most Japanese tea pots, it also does quite well as a teapot to make black tea.
- The two main ceramics to make kyusu (tea pots) in Japan is Tokonameyaki and Bankoyaki. Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture where Nankei Pottery is located is at the cradle of Bankoyaki (萬古焼) ceramics.
- If you prefer to have a top handle for this stylish tea pot, options are available that comes with a removable brass or wood handle.
- Tradition: Bankoyaki
- Volume: 430 ml
- Dimensions: 168 x 94 x 122 mm (width x depth x height)
- Colour: Dark Brown
- Material: Ceramic (Clay which is high in iron content)
- Strainer: Ceramic Mesh
- Manual / Care:
- The ceramic mesh strainer has a very thin and delicate structure. It will be damaged if it hits other things or is pressed hard. Please note that there is a risk. Please do not put it in the dishwasher. Due to its delicate structure, it may be damaged.
- When gluing the tea strainer, there may be a slight gap between the ceramic strainer and the main body.
- Please use a neutral detergent for cleaning. Please refrain from using sponges with abrasives, metal scrubbing brushes, cleansers, etc.
- If you are concerned about dirt, soak it in diluted tableware oxygen bleach overnight to clean it.
- Ceramic clay containing iron powder which is used as the raw material therefore there are black spots on the surface.
- Name: Nankei Pottery
- Kiln Established: 1913
- Location: Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.