Okabe, Shizuoka, is one of the famous cultivation regions for gyokuro, the premium shaded green tea leaf from Japan. Utilizing the most labor intensive and traditional method of growing gyokuro, Homme Asakichi's partner farms build canopies with yoshizu reed shading to cut sunlight from the tea fields for approximately 3 weeks prior to hand-picked harvest.
Steeping Recommendation (per person)
- 1st Steeping - Tea: 3g. Time: 1.5 - 2 minutes. Water: 50-60C / 122 - 140F degrees, 50 ml. This steep allows you to enjoy the umami flavor.
- 2nd Steeping - Time: 20 seconds. Water: 90C / 194F degrees, 100 ml.
- 3rd/4th Steeping - Time: 60 seconds. Water: 90C / 194F degrees, 200 ml.
- Net weight: 50 grams
- Cultivar: Yabukita
- Harvest: May
- Region: Okabe, Shizuoka
- Shaded for about 3 weeks prior to harvest
- Refined by Homme Asakichi Tea Factory, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka, Japan.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.