A special, premium fukamushi sencha, extra early spring harvest from Shizuoka, this tea was harvested just after the first bud and two leaves appeared in late April. The leaves at this time were still in their yellowish green state, extremely young and tender. This tenderness creates a delicate deep steamed tea (fukamushicha), and is recommended to be steeped with cooler water to enjoy the aroma of fresh leaves.
- For a strong bodied tea: Tea: 3g. Time: 30 sec. Water: 80C/175F, 200 ml.
- For a rich but lighter tea: Tea: 3g. Time: 60 sec. Water: 60C/140F, 200 ml.
- Resteep 3 times, use a quick in-out 2nd steep (which ends up being about 5-10 seconds), and 30-60 seconds for the 3rd steep. Depending on your preference, you may be able to get another cup or two from this leaf.
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Cultivar: Yabukita
- Harvest: Late April
- Region: Shizuoka Prefecture
- Steaming: Deep steamed (Fukamushi)
- Name: Kanes Tea Factory
- Location: Shimada, Shizuoka, Japan.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.