The very first pick from a farm is called Hatsutsumi (literally "first picking"), and tends to be the youngest leaf produced by a farm. This is a premium blend of leaves by refiner Kanes Tea from the first leaf pickings of farms in Shizuoka.
After the shincha season, the product is called Kawaneji 川根路 (the road to Kawane).
- For a strong bodied tea: Tea: 3g. Time: 30 sec. Water: 80C/175F, 200 ml.
- For a rich but lighter tea: Tea: 3g. Time: 60 sec. Water: 60C/140F, 200 ml.
- Resteep 3 times, use a quick in-out 2nd steep (which ends up being about 5-10 seconds), and 30-60 seconds for the 3rd steep. Depending on your preference, you may be able to get another cup or two from this leaf.
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Harvest: Late April
- Region: Shizuoka Prefecture
- Steaming: Deep steamed (Fukamushi)
- Name: Kanes Tea Factory
- Location: Shimada, Shizuoka, Japan.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.