The Harashima family's Yamakiri (signifying "mountain mist") is a medium grade sencha that evokes the mountain mists that surround their tea fields in the cool morning spring air. This is a blended sencha utilising the Yabukita cultivar as a base and is Chiyonoen's original blend. The Yamakiri is well-balanced in aroma and deep taste. It is a recommended blend from the Harashima family and is their most popular sencha to enjoy in the household.
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Net weight: 100 grams, vacuum-packed original bag. 20 grams repacked on demand into Yunomi resealable bag.
- Cultivar: Yabukita-based blend (other cultivars include Saemidori, Okumidori, Okuyutaka)
- Harvest: May 2021
- Region: Upper mountains of Yabe village, Yame District, Fukuoka, Japan. Altitude about 600 meters. Made from tea plants originally planted in 1968
The steeping guidelines below are from Chiyonoen. For more steeping tips including cold steeping and ice steeping, please see Yunomi's steeping guides.
- General Steeping for 2 persons
- Tea: 5g, Time: 60-90 seconds, Water: 70C/158F, 160ml
- Resteep 3 times
- Tips for a Pleasant Tea Drinking Experience
- Pour boiling water into a teacup or cup, leave it for about 2 minutes to cool to around 79 °C/158F, and then transfer it to a kyusu (Japanese tea pot). Steep for 60 to 90 seconds and it is ready to drink! Pour up to the last drop as the last drops are where the umami resides.
- From the 2nd steep, pour the hot water at a higher temperature than the 1st steep and steep for a shorter duration.
- Please enjoy the tea up to the third steep.
About the Farm
Chiyonoen Tea Farm is a small tea garden operated by husband and wife farmers Masashi and Eri Harashima deep in the mountains of Yabe Village, Fukuoka, Japan. The 3rd generation farm specializes in high grade mountain-grown sencha and gyokuro. Established by his grandfather and the farm's namesake, Chiyokichi.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.