This is Chiyonoen’s number one popular single-cultivar sencha; the Okumidori sencha. It has a refreshing aroma and fruity after taste that will spread in your mouth. To fully appreciate the original aroma and flavor of the Okumidori cultivar, husband and wife tea farmers Masashi and Eri Harashima steamed it slightly strongly ( not a deep-steamed sencha) and fired it slightly to provide a rich taste. Chiyonoen has several single-cultivar senchas, please enjoy the unique taste and aroma of the different tea varieties.
A note about the Okumidori Cultivar: It is a late-maturing cultivar that is harvested towards the end of tea harvesting season. A cultivar that is well known for having a strong taste and aroma, often utilized to make matcha.
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Net weight: 100 grams, vacuum-packed original bag. 20 grams repacked on demand into Yunomi resealable bag.
- Cultivar: Okumidori
- Region: Upper mountains of Yabe village, Yame District, Fukuoka, Japan. Altitude about 600 meters.
The steeping guidelines below are from Chiyonoen. For more steeping tips including cold steeping and ice steeping, please see Yunomi's steeping guides.
- General Steeping for 2 persons
- Tea: 5g, Time: 60-90 seconds, Water: 80C/176F, 160ml
- Resteep 3 times
- Tips for a Pleasant Tea Drinking Experience
- Pour boiling water into a teacup or cup, leave it for about 2 minutes to cool to around 80 ° C, and then transfer it to a kyusu (Japanese tea pot). Steep for 60 to 90 seconds and it is ready to drink! Pour up to the last drop as the last drops are where the umami resides.
- From the 2nd steep, pour the hot water at a higher temperature than the 1st steep and steep for a shorter duration.
- Please enjoy the tea up to the third steep.
About the Farm
Chiyonoen Tea Farm is a small tea garden operated by husband and wife farmers Masashi and Eri Harashima deep in the mountains of Yabe Village, Fukuoka, Japan. The 3rd generation farm specializes in high grade mountain-grown sencha and gyokuro. Established by his grandfather and the farm's namesake, Chiyokichi.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.