The Yabukita cultivar that was harvested to make this black tea comes from the beautiful mountains of Yabe Village (500m altitude, Yame, Fukuoka Prefecture). This summer harvested organic black tea comes from Chiyonoen’s second flush. It has a strong and sweet aroma, similar to Chinese black tea with a mellow rich flavor. Chiyonoen recommends this black tea for when you would like to warm-up and relax during the colder months.
Ingredients: Black Tea
- Cultivar: Yabukita
- Harvest: Summer, second flush
- Net weight: 30 grams
Cultivation notes: No pesticides, no synthetic fertilizer used in cultivation
- Region: Upper mountains of Yabe village, Yame District, Fukuoka, Japan. Altitude about 500 meters.
The steeping guidelines below are from Chiyonoen. For more steeping tips including cold steeping and ice steeping, please see Yunomi's steeping guides.
General Steeping for 2 persons
- Tea: 6g, Time: 3-4 minutes, Water: 95°C/203F, 300ml
- Tips for a Pleasant Drinking Experience
- Boil fresh water to 95°C/203F
- Before preparing the tea, have the teapot warmed up (e.g., by pouring hot water in it)
- Put the tea leaves in the teapot, pour hot water and steep for 3-4 minutes
- Pour the tea until the last drop
About the Farm
Chiyonoen Tea Farm is a small tea garden operated by husband and wife farmers Masashi and Eri Harashima deep in the mountains of Yabe Village, Fukuoka, Japan. The 3rd generation farm specializes in high grade mountain-grown sencha and gyokuro. Established by his grandfather and the farm's namesake, Chiyokichi.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.