Okumidori variety (cultivar) of tea plant is one of the primary cultivars used for matcha, produces a matcha with a deep green color. This cultivar is a matcha from Uji. It is a cultivar that is known for having a strong taste and aroma.
If you are curious about comparing across different cultivars, Obubu Tea Farms also has available a cultivar comparison set representing some of the major cultivars that are particularly well-suited for Kyoto prefecture.
- Name: Okumidori Matcha
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Net weight: 25 grams (0.88 oz)
- Cultivar: Okumidori
- Harvest: Spring
- Cultivation & processing notes: Shaded for 3-4 weeks prior to harvest, steamed and dried without rolling to make tencha leaves. Refined tencha leaves are then ground by stone mill into matcha powder.
- Packaging: Yunomi packaging (resealable bag).
- Name: Kyoto Obubu Tea Farms
- President / farmer: Akihiro Kita
- Location: Wazuka, Kyoto
Kyoto Obubu Tea Plantations, is a Japanese tea brand owned and operated by tea farmers in the town of Wazuka, Kyoto. Started by Akihiro Kita and Yasuharu Matsumoto in 2004, the company began as an agricultural social venture. Akky and Matsu's aim was and still is, to teach tea lovers both in Japan and overseas about the value of tea farming, and to contribute to society through tea.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.