Having studied tea-making in Taiwan during the past decade, tea merchant Shimizu Keiichiro has created his own Japanese white tea, named "Haru", handpicked from the Yagi Tea Garden. This award winning leaf creates a delicate, exquisite liquor.
- May: Shimizu-san and his staff handpick only the bud and top two leaves from the Fukumidori cultivar field (cultivated without use of pesticides) at the Yagi Tea Garden in Takahagi, Hidetaka City, Saitama Prefecture (part of the Sayama region)
- The leaves are withered for 30 hours reducing moisture by 70% to create the floral aroma of Haru. By this time the buds turn silver in color.
- Baked in a bamboo basket Taiwanese style.
- Ingredients: White tea
- Harvest: May 12, 2019.
- Net weight: 6 grams (packaged in 3g packets inside protective can)
- Region: Takahagi, Hidetaka City, Saitama, Japan.
- Production notes: Handpicked, grown without pesticides. Dried in baking basket (Taiwanese style).
- Tea: 3 grams
- Time: 90 sec
- Water: 80C/175F, 100 ml.
- Resteep 3-4 times.