The hime midori is a late spring harvest premium sencha leaf from the award-winning Kurihara family (based in Yame, Fukuoka prefecture). They are one of Japan's best at creating a premium green tea called gyokuro. We are happy to share that tea farmer Akio Kurihara creates some of the best teas we have. This is a popular sencha that is perfect to send as a gift and a go-to sencha at home. The Kurihara family recommends steeping in hot water between 70-80 degrees for about a minute. The sweetness will spread even more and fill you with delicious delight.
Please note that the "Shincha" packaging (white package with the characters for shincha; 新茶) is limited and will switch over to standard packaging when it runs out.
- Name: Permium Sencha - Hime Midori
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivar: Yabukita blend
- Harvest: May 2021
- Region: Yabemura, Yame, Fukuoka Prefecture
- Notes: Machine harvested from the tea fields of the Kurihara family farm.
- Name: Kurihara Seicha Ltd. - Kippei, Yuji, and Akio Kurihara (Father and sons)
- Region: Yabemura, Yame, Fukuoka
- Size: About 3 hectares in multiple tea fields
- Altitude: 300 - 700 meters depending on the field
Payment & Security