Burdock Tea (gobocha) is a popular tisane in Japan. It is rich in nutrients such as saponin, calcium, iron, magnesium, copper, and dietary fiber. If you are looking for a new type of tea, try the caffeine-free burdock tea!
- Burdock Tea Bag
- Burdock of Kyushu region (mainly from Kumamoto Prefecture)
- Yamane-en Tea Shop
- 3-34-1 Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- About 60 years ago.
- MORE INFO
- More info available here
- FOR YOURSELF
- Prepare thermos bottle that holds 500 cc (17 fl oz). Place one teabag and pour hot water into the bottle.
- FOR A FAMILY
- Place one teabag in a teapot, pour 300 cc (10.2 fl oz) of hot water into the pot. Wait for 3 minutes and the tea is ready! Enjoy the second steep.
- WITH KETTLE
- Prepare 500 cc (17 fl oz) water and boil. Place one teabag into the kettle and boil for 3-5 minutes. Serve as hot or cold.