Growing without pesticides as he becomes certified as an organic tea farmer, Osamu Ueda of Wacha Tea Garden offers an excellent Kyoto-grown black tea, or wakocha.
- Net weight: 50 grams / 1.76 oz
- Harvest: Summer, 2015
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: No pesticides used.
- Region: Wazuka-cho, Soraku-gun, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
- Storage: Store sealed airtight in cool, dry area avoiding sunlight.
- Tea: 5 grams
- Time: 4 minutes
- Water temperature: 90C/194F degrees
- Water amount: 300 ml
About the Tea Farmer
Tea Farmer Osamu 'Sam' Ueda is a young tea farmer, and a very good friend of Kyoto Obubu Tea Plantations president Akihiro Kita. Sam is very interested in growing organically, and creating teas for the modern tea lover.
- Name: Osamu 'Sam' Ueda, Wacha Tea Garden
- Vendor Type: Individual tea farmer
- Location: Minami Obayashi, Wazuka-cho, Soraku-gun, Kyoto 619-1202 Japan
- Farm labor: It's just me right now, so I depend upon the community of farmers in Wazuka. We help each other out with farm work like harvesting that requires more than one person at once.
Weeding by hand to avoid using pesticides.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.