The refinement of sencha involves at its simplest step, a filtering out of stems and leaf bits/dust. It may also then undergo slight heating to impart roastiness without becoming roasted tea. Reblending the stems into the sencha allows you to subtly add extra sweetness.
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Japanese name: かりがね
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Long regular steaming (very nearly fukamushi deep steaming)
- Region: Shizuoka Prefecture
- Number of Cups in 100g: 60 cups (20 uses / 3 steepings / 1 cup per steeping. Varies with your steeping recipe.)
- 1st Steeping - Tea: 5 grams. Time: 60 seconds. Water: 70˚C/158˚F, 1 cup.
- 2nd Steeping - Time: 10 seconds. Water: 80˚C/176˚F, 1 cup.
- 3rd Steeping - Time: 45 seconds. Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 1 cup.
- The amounts above are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Consider also advanced steeping techniques such as cold or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- Name: Seiko Tea Company
- Type: Tea Refinement Factory
- CEO: Tatsuya Hoshi
- Employees: 20
- Address: 4-64 Anzai, Aoi-ku, Shizuoka-shi, Shizuoka, 420-0011
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.