Kakishibu is a natural dye made from juicing unripe persimmons. The creation of the dye and the dying of fabrics with kakishibu is a traditional Japanese craft. The dye prevents bacteria growth and also works to harden whatever material it is applied to. Kakishibu can make natural fibers, such as cloth, washi (Japanese style paper) and wood, more water resistant.
- Name: Persimmon - Kakishibu Pouch
- Size: height 12 cm, width 22 cm, depth 8 cm
- Material: 100% cotton
- Origin: Dyed in Kyoto. Made in Japan.
- Name: Maeda Senko ("Dye Works")
- CEO: Junichi Maeda
- Established: 1961 by Seichi Maeda
- Location: 168 Saiinshimizuchō, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.