Mecha (芽茶) is tea made with only the buds of tea leaves. Brew for about 40 seconds, and the tea is ready!
- Cultivar: Blend
- Cultivation & Processing Notes:
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Japanese name: 狭山の芽茶
- Net Weight: 100 grams
- Number of Cups: 30 cups (10 uses / 3 steepings / 1 cup per steeping. Varies with your steeping recipe.)
- Region: Sayama, Saitama Prefecture
- Leaf: Color - , Refinement - , Shape -
- Tea (5g, 1 minute, 70˚C/200ml): Color - , Opacity -
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- 1st steeping: Tea: 5 grams or 1 teaspoon. Time: 30-60 seconds. Water: 70˚C/158˚F, 240 ml.
- 2nd steeping: Tea: same. Time: 20 seconds. Water: 80˚C/176˚F, 240 ml (about 1 cup).
- 3rd steeping: Increase time to 30-60 seconds or to desired strength.
- Name: Oisakien
- Location: Saitama-ken, Iruma-shi, Shimofujisawa, 1316−5
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.