Using high quality, shaded green tea leaves from the tea fields in regions surrounding the city of Uji, the Nishide family processes into kabusecha tea.
- Name: Uji Kabusecha
- Japanese name: 宇治かぶせ茶
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Harvest: Spring.
- Region: Uji, Kyoto
- Notes: Shaded for about 2 weeks prior to harvest. Regular steaming.
- 1st Steep - Tea: 5 grams. Time: 2 min. Water: 50-60˚C/122-140˚F, 120 ml.
- 2nd Steep - Time: 15 sec. Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 240 ml.
- 3rd+ Steep - Time: 30-45 sec. Water: 80˚C/176˚F, 240 ml.
- The amounts above are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Consider also cold steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- Name: Nishide Tea Factory
- Type: Tea Factory
- Location: 59 Higashiokutani Zenjyoji, Ujitawara-cho, Tsuzuki-gun, Kyoto 610-0201, Japan
About the Vendor
The Nishide Tea Factory is managed by husband and wife team, Takashi and Atsuko Nishide and their family. Established over 140 years ago, the Nishide family buys aracha tea (unrefined leaves) from the tea farms of Kyoto and surrounding prefectures, and refines them further to craft high quality tea leaves that are uniform in color and shape, and of course excellent in flavor.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.