Handpicked by the Murakami family from their fields in the beautiful mountains of the Yoshiwara District, Shizuoka Prefecture, this Sencha is a special, extra detailed mini-production lot.
Note: Murakami-san chose not to create this product in 2019 due to the colder weather at the time that would have been best for handpicking.
According to Hiroki Murakami, who will become the farm's 4th generation master, the family doesn't know exactly when they started farming tea, though his great-grandfather was the one who built their first processing factory in the late 19th century.
Based in the Yoshiwara district, a mountainous region famous for its sea of clouds within the municipality of Shizuoka City, the family produces about 2 tons of tea altogether per year (first and second flushes).
Their leaves are mostly processed as a near-fukamushi (deep steamed), a steaming technique that creates a tea that has fukashimicha's deep, opaque green color and sweetness, but while also retaining much of the leaf's shape.
- Name: Handpicked Mountain-Grown Sencha
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Cultivar: Yabukita
- 2018 Harvest: April 26, 2018. Steaming: 70 sec
- Region: Yoshiwara, Shizuoka, Japan
- Shading: none
- Terrain: Mountain-grown
- Name: Murakami Tea Garden
- Type: Family-owned and operated farm
- Established: Late 19th century
- Production capacity: About 1300 kg per year. The family only harvests the spring first flush harvest.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.