Roasting houjicha at home is very simple. Ridiculously simple really. All you need is a houroku (焙烙 - a special pot for roasting houjicha).
What's the difference between home-roasted houjicha and the houjicha we sell? Houjicha from farmers and manufacturers are roasted in an oven built especially for roasting tea leaves. This allows them to control the roasting process, producing a large amount of evenly roasted leaves.
- Houroku (brown)
- 14 cm (5.51 in)
(Top rim: 8 cm (3.15 in); bottom: 10 cm (3.94 in))
- 8 cm (8.15 in)
- 24 cm (9.45 in)
- 365 grams (12.56 oz)
- BOX SIZE
- 24.5 x 16 x 8 cm (9.65 x 6.3 x 3.15 in)
- Measurements above are approximate
- Porcelain (heat-resistant)
- Please read the instructions before use.
- Maruei Takeo Shoten
- 1-5-23 Hazunaka, Yokkaichi City, Mie Prefecture 510-0002, JAPAN
- Late 1940s
- PRIMARY SALES ROUTE
- Retail shops in Japan
- MORE INFO
- More info available here