Tea farmer Shinichi Kihara and his father grows tea without use of pesticides or fertilizer according to the Shumei Natural Agriculture philosophy. This "Karigane" is a premium leaf stem tea (usually known as kukicha), a blend of premium shaded leaves and stems filtered from the premium shaded leaves.
- Name: Naturally Grown Karigane Premium Tea Leaf Stems
- Cultivation & Processing Notes
- No pesticides, no fertilizers used in cultivation.
- A blend of leaf and leaf stems filtered from shaded leaves.
- Harvest: Spring
- Region: Biwa Uji, Uji City, Kyoto
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
Tea: 5 grams or 1 teaspoon. Time: 1 minute. Water: 70˚C/176˚F, 180-240 ml.
Tea: same. Time: 20-30 seconds. Water: same.
Tea: same. Time: 45-60 seconds. Water: same.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.