A beautiful flower version creating the flavor of the classic salty/vinegary flavor of sakura mochi—traditional Japanese rice cake wrapped with sakura leaves often eaten in the early spring when the cherry blossoms bloom.
- Name: Sakura Tea
- Ingredients: Japanese cherry blossoms, salt, ume (plum) vinegar, acidifier, alum
- Region: Odawara, Kanagawa (right in Yunomi’s backyard!)
- Storage: Keep airtight in cool, dry area away from sunlight. Refrigerate and use soon after opening.
- The salt makes this a very strong tea if not diluted, so we recommend taking one blossom and soaking it in lukewarm water for 3 minutes. The salt will dissolve into the water. Keep this water to adjust flavor.
- Take the blossom, and place it in your tea, or in hot water if you want to enjoy the flavor alone. Use the water from step 1 to strengthen the flavor if you find it too weak.
- This also makes a beautiful garnishing for pastries or other dishes!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.