For the occasional grinding of your tea leaf into powdered form (whether from tencha, the leaf used for matcha, or other green or black tea leaf), this basic level stone mill should do the job, and fit nicely on your dining table as a beautiful decoration.
Commercial grade matcha stone mills can cost anywhere between $10,000 to $30,000 and weight some 30kg (in addition to be automated). A good personal level matcha stone mill weighs about 10kg and cost $1200.
We recommend that you give the mill a washing before and after use, and pat dry. Please be careful not to drop it as the weight may cause the stone to crack.
When grinding, we recommend a slower motion to create finer grain size.
- Name: Matcha Stone Mill Small
- Manufacturer: Ishigaki Sangyo
- Size: W20×D17×H15 cm
- Weight: 3.6 kg
- Material: Natural stone, natural wood
- Origin: China
- Note: Please allow 3-4 weeks lead time before shipment. You will be informed if it is available sooner. Due to the decrease weight of smaller sizes, the powder grains are bigger.
- Packaging: We open each package to confirm that they product is in tact, and repack with extra cushioning for overseas shipment.
Note: Measurement above is approximate.