A premium roasted tea exclusive to our family run tea shop, Hagoromo Hojicha Roasted Green Tea has been a best selling product for many years with our regular customers.
When the weather is cold and windy, this tea, with its depth and character, is the perfect drink with its notes of caramel and a woody strength with soothe and fortify. Low in caffeine, it is a tea that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
- Ingredients: green tea
- Net weight: 100 grams
- Cultivar: Yabukita blend
- Harvest: Summer
- Region: Shizuoka
- Cultivation / Processing notes: Roasted using charcoal for a deep flavor.
- Japanese name: 羽衣 - meaning "feather robe", and taken from ancient Japanese legends in which the robe allows heavenly women to fly through the air.
- Number of cups: 80 cups (Four 1 cup steepings of 5g x 20 times. Varies with your steeping recipe.)
- Tea: 5 grams
- Time: 1 minutes (longer time for a stronger flavor)
- Water amount: 200 ml (1 cup)
- Water temperature: 90-100˚C/194-212˚F degrees
- Name: Yorozuya, KK
- Location: 3-7-33 Nakamachi, Sakada-shi, Yamagata
Founded in 1701, Yorozuya in Sakata city, Yamagata prefecture, Tohoku is famous in surrounding areas for it’s quality teas, gifts and service. Yorozuya means travelling salesman—our ancestors travelled up and down Japan carrying goods, tea and messages secretly for the local feudal lords. The Yorozuya family have been forerunners in introducing domestic tea and ceramics and later international products to this unique area of wealthy merchants, farmers and sake brewers.
Learn more about Yorozuya here.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.