Green tea fannings or konacha (KOH-nah-chah) are made from the smallest bits of tea leaf that are filtered from the main production batch of gyokuro, sencha, bancha, and other types of tea. From the beautiful island of Yakushima, this konacha product is made from the sencha batches at the Hachimanjyu factory.
- Ingredients: Green tea, JAS certified organic
- Japanese name: 有機粉茶
- Net Weight: 100 grams (original resealable package)
- Cultivar: Blend
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Made from fannings sifted from the company's sencha products
- Region: Yakushima Island, Kagoshima Prefecture
- Number of Cups in 100g: 80 cups (20 uses / 4 steepings / 1 cup per steeping. Varies with your steeping recipe.)
- Tea: 3 grams.
- Time: 30-60 seconds.
- Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 240 ml.
- The amounts above are guidelines. Adjust to preference.
- Consider also cold steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- Name: Hachimanjyu Yakushima Tea
- Type: Tea Farm & Factory
- Location: 532-24 Koseda Yakushima-chō, Kumage-gun, Kagoshima-ken
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.