- Ingredients: Green tea
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Cultivated with a traditional method involving the layering of straw directly onto the tea plants as shading. Doing so deepens the umami savoriness of the leaves by cutting off sunlight, and simultaneously imparts complexity to the flavor from the straw. Deep steamed.
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Japanese name: 知覧茶 丹精村岡
- Number of Cups in 100g: 60 cups (20 uses / 3 steepings / 1 cup per steeping. Varies with your steeping recipe.)
- Farmer: Yoshiaki Muraoka
- Region: Chiran, Kagoshima Prefecture
Consider also cold steeping or ice steeping (see Steeping Techniques).
- 1st steeping: Tea: 3 grams (about 2/3 tsp). Time: 60 seconds. Water: 60˚C/140˚F, 1/2 cup.
- 2nd steeping: Tea: same. Time: 5 seconds (pour water in, then immediately pour tea out). Water: 90˚C/194˚F, 150 ml.
- 3rd steeping: Increase time to 30-60 seconds or to desired strength.
- Name: Furuichi Seicha
- Location: 1296-1 Kawanabecho Nagata, Minamikyushu, Kagoshima, 897-0222 JAPAN
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.