Fujiso's teapots are simple in appearance but are made exclusively for brewing tea. Bankoyaki Supreme Tea Pot with an uniquely shaped handle.
Four Characteristics of Fujiso's Teapot
- Lid (cap): The rim of the lid is notched, circulating the air inside and makes it easy to pour out the tea. Even if the rim becomes moist, the notches prevent the body and the lid from sticking.
- Built-in Strainer: Each hole (a total of about 100 holes) of the built-in strainer is made by hand. The number and the size of holes were decided after repeated trial and error. This process was extremely important because the material, number, and size of the holes for the strainer greatly influences the flavor of the tea.
- Glazing: Glaze is applied only in the inside to prevent tea stain. The smooth surface also helps the brewed tea leaves from sticking, at the same time, the wide top opening makes it easy to throw out and wash the inside of the teapot.
- Spout: The 'V' shaped spout forming a smooth curve from the built-in strainer is designed to prevent the tea from dripping when pouring into a cup. Enjoy the tea until the last drop.
- Dimensions: body width: 11 cm (4.3 in); top diameter: 9 cm (3.5 in); height: 10 cm (3.9 in)
- Volume: 280 cc (9.5 fl oz)
- Measurements above are approximate
- Material: Ceramic, silica sand, glaze, soluble ceramic
- Style: Bankoyaki (Mie Prefecture)/ MADE IN JAPAN
- NOTE: Color may not be exactly as photographed. Please allow two to three weeks for procurement if out of stock.
- CAUTION: Tea pot will become very hot. Be careful of burns. Do not use over direct heat.
- Name: Fujisou Pottery Ltd
- Location: 1-7-22 Yada, Yokkaichi-shi, Mie 510-0001, JAPAN
- Established: 1907
- CEO: 4th generation master craftsman, Kenji Fujii
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.