- Matatabi plant (Actinidiaceae or "Chinese gooseberry") will bear fruit in the early summer with white flowers, similar to the Japanese plum.
- The name "Matatabi" means to "travel again", and was given to this plant because travelers would stop to eat the fruit, then resume their journey.
- In the snowy winter of Uonuma district, Niigata Prefecture, there is a tradition of serving guests that came from afar matatabi tea and salt-pickled matatabi fruit.
- In 2004, this matatabi product won an award for new product development from the Food Division of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Leaves of matatabi grown in Niigata Prefecture is processed with the same method as regular green tea, and blended with powder made from its fruit.
- Brand: Union Foods Corporation
- Ingredients: matatabi leaves, matatabi fruit powder.
- Net Weight: 10 grams
- Dimensions: 23 x 1 x 11 cm
- Contents: 10 tea bags (1g x 10)
- Manufacturer: Union Foods Corporation
3-135 Wakaba, Ojiya, Niigata Prefecture, 947-0054
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.