This special fermented seasoning 358
(in Japanese Kanji characters; 三五八) from Ayumi Farm’s, is a seasoning that was aged and fermented with our sun dried salt, genmai, and koji at a ratio of 3:5:8.
The raw ingredient, genmai (brown rice) that is used for this seasoning is pesticide-free organic brown rice grown on our farm through the duck farming method (called Aigamo Nouhou in Japanese). We do everything by hand from rice planting to harvesting. Indeed, we are very particular about our genmai which is known to be rich in vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. And we make our very own genmai koji (brown rice starter). Grown without pesticides, grown without chemical fertilizers.
How to make use of this seasoning? It can be utilized as a versatile seasoning instead of salt. You can use it to flavor your soups, simmered dishes, pickled vegetables, and for salad dressing. It will add a curious deep sweetness and richness that is unique to the genmai koji giving abundant depth into your cooking. We hope you will enjoy exploring it in your dishes!
- Processing Notes: No pesticides, no chemical fertilizers
- Region: Fujieda, Shizuoka prefecture
- Storage: After opening, it is best to store in a refrigerator or cool place
- Ingredients: Pesticide-free brown rice, pesticide-free soybeans, sun-dried salt
About the Farmer
- Name: Ayumi Kinezuka
- Vendor Type: Family business (Ayumi Farm: Cyittorattu)
- Location: Fujieda-shi, Shizuoka, Japan 426-0134
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.