Wonderful sencha tea bags (3g x 8 bags) that can be enjoyed over tea time, on your next backpacking trip, however it may suit your day-to-day life. Our tea bags are made out of plant-derived soilon and does not emit harmful substances such as dioxins even when they are burned.
Produced by Ayumi Farms: Cyittorattu, this sencha comes from their 88th night tea harvest. This sencha was produced through their cyclic philosophy of giving back to the earth and then, receiving again from the earth. The soil of the tea bushes of this sencha are enriched with the solids discarded by a traditional local soy sauce maker, sake kasu (rice discarded after being fermented for sake), from a local brewery. Rice and wheat straw from their own farm are also placed between their tea bushes to further enrich the soil. Ayumi Farms is therefore placed within a beautiful cycle of regeneration - this is the key to a sustainable way of living. Through tea production, Ayumi Farms continues to contribute to the way agriculture has been deeply rooted in the region (i.e., Fujieda, Shizuoka prefecture).
This mountain tea is characterized by its thin and delicate leaves, sweetness, umami and rich aroma. And if you listen carefully, maybe you will be able to taste the laughter from the mountains!
- Net weight: 3g x 8 tea bags (24g)/ 0.85 oz
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: No pesticides, no chemical fertilizers
- Region: Fujieda, Shizuoka Prefecture
- Storage: Store sealed airtight in cool, dry area avoiding sunlight
- Tea: 3 grams
- Time: 90 seconds
- Water temperature: 80C/140F degrees
About the Tea Farmer
- Name: Ayumi Kinezuka
- Vendor Type: Family business (Ayumi Farm: Cyittorattu)
- Location: Fujieda-shi, Shizuoka, Japan 426-0134
Payment & Security