- Tea: 5 grams
- Time: 60 seconds
- Water: 70C/160F, 200 ml
- Use hotter temperature for more astringency, cooler temperature for more sweetness
- See Yunomi.life/steep for more detailed instructions on the various ways green tea can be steeped.
Ingredients: Green Tea
- Harvest: Late April
- Region: Ureshino, Saga
- Name: Nabeshima Meicha Co., Ltd.
- Type: Refiner, wholesaler, merchant
- Business: Agricultural processing and other businesses.
- Employees: 4 employees, part of a group of companies run by the family totaling 3-4 dozen employees.
- Location: 12 Shimoichinomachi, Takayama-shi, Gifu Prefecture
- Established: 1908
A specialist purveyor of Deep-steamed Tea, bringing the charms of tea from Takayama to the world.
The Shimoichinomachi area in which Nabeshimameicha was founded is close to the traditional streetscape for which Takayama is famous. This is an area that thrived as a traditional merchant’s quarters. When the establishment was first founded, we piled our tea on traditional pull-carts and visited each client one by one. This commitment remains the same today, where we work closely with each of our customers and convey the traditional tea aesthetic. We take into account the unique aspects and strengths of the tea provided by farmers and tea wholesalers and develop our tea with care to meet the needs of wholesale vendors and downstream consumers. To that end, we consider it essential to meet face-to-face and align our approach. In recent years, we have been promoting the culture of Japanese tea in the United States and Europe, as well as actively selling our products online. No matter the target consumer or destination, we remain committed to our traditional way of considering what type of tea is best suited to the drinker, and in what contexts.
Payment & Security