The wonderful story of this Wha-ha-ha Three Year Bancha is that Ayumi-san's (i.e., Ayumi Kinezuka from Cyittorattu in Fujieda, Shizuoka) tea lover friends gathered together and harvested what had been abandoned tea plants, in a traditional winter harvest. This three year bancha, which was produced through cooperation and laughter (hence, it’s name, "wha-ha-ha"), was slowly roasted over a wood fire.
The three year bancha tea is low in caffeine and thus is often recommended for pregnant women, children, and the elderly. It is a tea that will warm your body, heart and soul (especially great for autumn and winter times), filled with the vitality of the tea plants and the camaraderie and laughter of friends. For the matcha lovers out there, banchas are also great teas as a post-matcha drink.
Please note that these tea bags are made out of plant-derived soilon and does not emit harmful substances such as dioxins even when they are burned.
Harvest: February, full moon harvest
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: No pesticides, no chemical fertilizers
- Region: Fujieda, Shizuoka prefecture
- Storage: Store sealed airtight in cool, dry area avoiding sunlight
- Recommendation from Ayumi Farms: Make the tea in a thermal flask
- Tea: Use one tea bag (3g)
- Time: 15 minutes
- Water amount: 500ml
About the Tea Farmer
- Name: Ayumi Kinezuka
- Vendor Type: Family business (Ayumi Farm: Cyittorattu)
- Location: Fujieda-shi, Shizuoka, Japan 426-0134
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.