Nankei Pottery designed this kyusu (Japanese tea pot) in a simple and linear fashion with the intention that this teapot would be an appropriate fit into any space. The wide and shallow shape is very well-suited to enjoy green tea, as it allows the tea leaves to spread in a spacious manner. This tea pot also has a good design for water flow. It is therefore very easy to clean and care for and has a sturdy base. The modern, yet classic design of this tea pot makes it suitable for any interior or taste. Enjoy!
The white beige "Shiro-neri" is made with a clay called "Haku-dei (white mud)" which was widely popular in the Taisho era, to recreate the classic beauty. The soft and gentle color will bring a sense of tranquility to your space at any time of day. Please also enjoy the transformation of your kyusu with time, use, and care as the non-glazed pottery will demonstrate changes.
- Nankei Pottery also has this flat kyusu available in black matte “Kuro-neri”, which may be more resilient to the stains of tea.
- Tradition: Bankoyaki
- Volume: 320 ml
- Dimensions: 190 x 125 x 53 mm (width x depth x height)
- Colour: Sand (also available in Black colour)
- Material: Ceramic (Clay which is high in iron content)
- Strainer: Ceramic Mesh
- Manual / Care:
- The ceramic mesh strainer has a very thin and delicate structure. It will be damaged if it hits other things or is pressed hard. Please note that there is a risk. Please do not put it in the dishwasher. Due to its delicate structure, it may be damaged.
- When gluing the tea strainer, there may be a slight gap between the ceramic strainer and the main body.
- Please use a neutral detergent for cleaning. Please refrain from using sponges with abrasives, metal scrubbing brushes, cleansers, etc.
- If you are concerned about dirt, soak it in diluted tableware oxygen bleach overnight to clean it.
- Ceramic clay containing iron powder which is used as the raw material therefore there are black spots on the surface.
- The "sand" color clay may be partially orange. It is the color of the natural minerals contained in the clay.
- Name: Nankei Pottery
- Kiln Established: 1913
- Location: Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.