This matcha is the highest grade usucha from AOI seicha. If you would like to try better quality Japanese matcha, this is for you. It has great balance of umami, sweetness, bitterness.
The matcha sommeliers at AOI rate this matcha
- 5/5 in terms of umami flavor,
- 4/5 sweetness,
- 1/5 for bitterness (the best bitterness rating, see graph).
- Ingredients: Green tea
- Japanese name: 御薄茶、松寿の白
- Net Weight: 30 grams, can
- Grinding: Ground upon order by Yunomi (see procurement date)
- Cultivar: Blended
- Harvest Season: Spring
- Cultivation & Processing Notes: Shaded for 4 weeks before harvest.
- Region: Nishio, Aichi Prefecture
- Tools: matcha, chashaku bamboo scoop, chasen bamboo whisk, matcha bowl, cooling bowl or tea pot
- Take 2 grams (about 1.5 chashaku bamboo scoops) of matcha, and place it into your bowl
- Using the tips of your chasen bamboo whisks break apart any clumps (using a sifter may also help).
- Take boiling water and place it into a teapot or other cooling bowl. Allow the water to cool to 70-80C/158-176F degrees.
- Pour the water into your bowl, and using the whisk, slowly make an "M" shape in your bowl.
- As you speed up the whisk, bubbles (froth) will form.
- For Koicha, use about 50-70 ml of water. For Usucha, use 150-200 ml of water.
- Name: Aoi Seicha
- Type: Factory
- Established: 1910, company incorporated as AOI Seicha in 1966.
- CEO: Ayano Honda
- Employees: 60
- Address: Kamiyashiki-7 Kamimachi, Nishio-shi, Aichi-ken 445-0894
Payment & Security
Su información de pago se procesa de forma segura. No almacenamos los detalles de la tarjeta de crédito ni tenemos acceso a la información de su tarjeta de crédito.