This tea is the mainstay of Shiobara-san's tea shop, a basic but delicious fukamushi purchased by the many visitors to Sugamo, Tokyo's Togenuki Jizo Temple (just a few steps from the shop). With strong astringency, this a basic fukamushi (deep steamed) tea is a perfect compliment to sushi, yakiniku, barbeque, or other salty dishes.
For a product with slightly more sweetness, see the Kakegawa Fukamushi Premium, Tea Blessing.
- Name: Kakegawa Fukamushi Basic, Tea Blessing
- Japanese Name: 掛川深蒸し茶 巣鴨 参拝茶
- Ingredients: Green Tea
- Net weight: 100 grams
- Cultivar: Yabukita-based blend
- Harvest: Spring
- Region: Kakegawa, Shizuoka
- Producer: Yamakei Seicha KK, an 11-time winner of the Ministry of Agriculture's top Minister's Award .
- Name: Yamane-en Tea Shop, a small tea shop in Tokyo operated by the Shiobara family.
- Location: 3-34-1 Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN
- Established: About 60 years ago.
Yamane-en is a family-operated tea shop based near Sugamo Station on the Yamanote Loop Line in Tokyo and run by tea master Michio Shiobara. With 40 years of experience in the Japanese tea industry behind him, Shiobara-san offers unique teas sourced from small villages throughout Japan as well as a number of tisanes popular in Japan for their health benefits.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.