- Ingredients: Green tea (using the stems of the leaves filtered from sencha refinement)
- Harvest: Spring
- Cultivar: Blend (Yabukita, Fukumidori, Sayama Kaori, Saeakari, and others)
- Steaming: Fukamushi, deep steaming
- Producer: Morita family
- Location: 1221 Nakatomi, Tokorozawa City, Saitama Prefecture, Japan
- Aroma ☆☆☆
- Astringency ☆
- Sweetness ☆☆
- Yunomi - Tea: 5 grams. Time: 60 seconds. Water: 70C/158F, 200 ml.
- Morita Tea Garden - Tea: 6-8 grams. Time: 30 - 60 seconds. Water: 70-90C/ 158 - 195F
About the Morita Family
The Morita family are 10th generation tea farmers, and the eldest son (pictured above) has just decided to become the 11th generation.
Located in the Sayama region of Saitama Prefecture, the Morita family was affected by the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant failure in March, 2011. While their tea is tested to be radiation free (test results available), Sayama-cha is being avoided by vendors. We hope to help out the Morita family by connecting them with tea lovers around the world.
On behalf of the Morita family, we greatly appreciate your understanding and trust that the tea provided here is tested and found to be completely safe.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.