Matcha Shogyoku is the factory’s best-selling product for practitioners of the Japanese tea ceremony, chado. It has a rich umami flavor representative of the best matcha in Japan. And is recommended for both koicha thick tea for formal ceremonies as well as usucha thin tea for more casual gatherings.
Based on our own tasting, this product has the following profile. However, tastings are not conducted side by side, and different water, ambient temperature, etc. may affect the outcome. Please use this profile as a simple guide.
- Umami strength (5 = strongest): 5/5
- Astringency (5 = least astringent): 5/5
- Color (1 = yellow, 5 = brilliant green): 5/5
- Texture (1 = very grainy, 5 = very smooth): 5/5
Ingredients: Green tea
- Grade: Ceremonial Grade
- Harvest: May
- Region: Wazuka, Kyoto. Refined in Kyotanabe, Kyoto.
- Name: Shogyokuen
- Type: Tea factory, family business
- CEO: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Established: 1827
- Employees: 12
Hiroshi Kobayashi is an award winning blender, and one of 13 tea professionals in Japan who hold the top rank of tea appraisal, level 10.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.